We hope that you will visit at First English. Here’s some information that will help you know what to expect:
- Worship services are relatively small (between 35-70 people in each service). We try to welcome people who are worshipping with us for the first time without overwhelming them. A few people will say “hello,” but we will not ask you to stand and introduce yourself.
- The order of service itself is printed in an easy-to-follow bulletin, except for some of the hymns, which are found in the hymnal in the pew.
- The service is about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
- Our worship leaders wear robes. Members of the congregation wear what they find appropriate for church, so you’ll see everything from coats and ties to jeans and boots.
- Do you have children? We believe they are welcome in worship! Pastor Kimberly does a children’s sermon at every service, and there are children’s bulletins and activities available, too. We also welcome children’s wiggling and understand that it is a part of being who God made them to be.
- There’s a social hour after every service with coffee, tea, and donut holes from our friends at Donut Connection on Center Ave.
- Sunday school for all ages meets between services at 9:45 (school year only).