Join us to explore how we can partner with private and government agencies in our community. See postings on our calendar on Wednesdays through April 10, 2019
The theme for the 2019 Mid-week Lenten services organized by BALM (Butler Area Lutheran Ministries) is vocation as defined by Lutherans. For us vocation covers a wide scope of personal and communal relationships reminding us that the church is aligned with society and all people – not just Christians. Vocation helps us fulfill our calling to be involved in the world God created.
Each week during Lent we will meet at a member church, share a brief worship service and reassemble in a fellowship hall to share desserts and a discussion with a local social service provider. In the discussions we hope to explore how we can work with agencies to fulfill our vocation. Most meetings start at 7:00 PM. The weekly sessions planned are :
- 3.13.19- Trinity @ 7 pm- Jenna Rhodaberger, LSW, Butler County Suicide Coalition, BHS Palliative Care. Her topic will be suicide.
- 3.20.19-Rider @ 7 pm-Pro Chris Hough, Director of Spiritual Care and Congregation and Community Liaison at Glade Run. Her topic will be the Spirituality of Mental Health.
- 3.27.19-First English @ 7 pm-Jason Beckwith, Action in Recovery. His topic will be addiction.
- 4.3.19-St. John’s Connoquenessing @ 7 pm-Dr. Dillion, BHS Palliative Care. His topic will be Palliative Care.
- 4.10.19-LIFE Butler-231 W. Diamond Street @ 6:30 pm-Patricia Davidson, Health & Wellness Ministry Coordinator. Her topic will be healthy living for the elderly.
Please join us to worship and explore vocation with others in our community.